- Another Step
“If you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?”
- Forward, Always Forward
The river in Echoes of the Eye.
- Learning Self-Compassion
With a little help from Zelda.
- Continue Game
A poem inspired by Ibb & Obb.
- So Happy World
- Reinventing Harrier Du Bois
Get your shit together, detective.
- The Meaning of Home
- Creating Life in a Dying World
Shades and Moonflowers.
- Fighting Games Taught Me to Love Losing
“A pocketful of quarters and a love of the fight.”
- If I Were Allowed to Visit
A study of Ian MacLarty & Gemma Mahadeo’s ‘If We Were Allowed to Visit’
- How Sly Cooper Guides My Life
Lessons of a lifetime.
- The World Around Me
Learning to talk to strangers through The World Ends With You.
- We’re Being Toyed With
On the use of puzzles in survival horror.
- Insert Coin to Continue
Punishing “Game Overs” and the pursuit of profit
- What Comes After Postmodernism?
On Death Stranding and shaping the future.
- Virtue in Mundanity
Stop for a moment – take it all in.
- In Neo Cab, We Can Play
What gamification does for capitalism, and what games can do for us
- In Praise of Negative Space in Video Game Storytelling
Saying something with nothing. Adding by subtracting.
- 56: Abby
The one who found hope.
- 56: The Last of Us Part II
What they left behind.
- 56: Ellie
The one who’s never coming home.
- 56: The Last of Us
The man who sold the world
- 56: Final Fantasy VII Remake
- 56: Umurangi Generation
Beware of the water bottles